Sunday, April 15, 2007

New Thing #21: I like to movie movie

I knew going into this project that there would be "lazy New Thing" days when I would have to lay low and not do some totally New Thing, but rather merely eat or watch something new. With today's Nor'Easter and my cold still lingering on (complete with productive cough and exploding sinuses, yum!), I decided that today would have to be one of those days. Ready with my remote, some chips and salsa and Movies OnDemand, I watched Babel. That is one intense movie! I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but this Best Picture Oscar nominee features four intertwining stories, revolving around two Moroccan boys who accidentally wound an American tourist. It took a lot of concentration- what with it being both "heavy" and presented in several languages, this couldn't just be one of those background movies I usually watch on Sundays (I figure I'll live if I don't pick up on every detail of American Dreamz or Talladega Nights). I absolutely do not plan to make a habit of watching new movies in place of actively doing New Things; when Babel was over, I did a bit of preparation for a New Thing I'll be doing in June, and I signed up for something I'll tell you about after I've done it.



No comments: