Friday, May 11, 2007

New Thing #47: Sing sing sing song

This is one of those things that mutates and expands and gets to the point that no matter how many times you've done it, there is a way to make it new. I've been building up to this one for a while. The rehearsal process along takes nearly two months, and before that there's a lot of thought and mind-changing. Tonight I sang Michael Jackson's "Beat It" on the stage at Galapagos before a packed house for Terry Jinn's Enormous Television, also known as ETV6. I'd never before performed at Galapagos, a trashy-chic loft space in Brooklyn with a reflecting pool in the gallery space at the front. I also bared my midriff in front of a packed house, something I don't think I've ever done. I'm rather protective of my midriff. But it was out there in all its white shiny glory tonight, and it put up with my semi-involuntary grimaces and high-kicks. I forgot to have anybody video tape it. I have a video from the rehearsal that I didn't realize Maddy took with my camera until two days later. And Kevin has many, many pictures (not just of me but of the whole night) and they're pretty awesome. The whole show was pretty awesome. And by "pretty awesome," I mean "MIND BLOWING." I am extremely tired. Visuals later.

Rehearsal video, wardrobe by Butter by Nadia

No comments: