Monday, May 21, 2007

New Thing #57: Grillin and Chillin

Originally, today's New Thing was going to be to attend a book reading at a bookstore. I did some poking around, and had decided to go to a drama book-group event at the Lincoln Center Barnes and Noble after work, when something caught my eye. I checked the clock and grabbed my stuff- it was noon when I noticed it, and the event was starting in half an hour. I dashed up to the 54th street Barnes and Noble, where I met George Foreman! The event was a booksigning to promote his autobiography, but I had no interest in that; I just wanted a piccy! A guy waiting in line was worried that he had too much memorabilia, so I offered to take some of it off his hands (I gave it back later). By the time I got up to the front of the line, an hour after I arrived at the store, George was tired and probably had hand cramps, and wasn't super friendly, but he still shook my hand warmly and smiled pretty:

1 comment:

Brian said...

He seems like he's so cool.

Al Gore is in LA tonight promoting his book thing, but none of my friends want to go and if you know me, you know I don't do things by myself.