Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Thing #66: Da doodlie doodlie dood de doo do do do do do do

The title of this post may or may not mean anything to you. It's my poor written reinterpretation of the Mister Softee jingle, which in the summer drifts through dense, humid Manhattan air, eliciting a Pavlovian response in ice cream lovers and sugar fiends, of which I am both. Yet I've never once bought something from one of the ubiquitous trucks. Today at lunch, I happened upon one at 33rd and Park, so I bought a Mister Softee cone. It was a semi-impulsive New Thing; I wasn't sure I'd be able to find a truck, so I had a backup plan that I'll use another day. I really wanted a root beer float, but sadly Mister Softee (in the flesh!) was out of root beer, so I just had a classic soft serve vanilla cone. If there is anything better to do on a lunch break on a gorgeous summer day than walk up Park Avenue eating ice cream, I'd like to know what it is.
I'd also like to get better at taking pictures of myself in public.


No comments: