Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New Thing #94: Stock and bull

I've had a stock portfolio for years. I track my investments every day and actually enjoy reading up on drip funds and mutual funds and high-interest CDs and all that. A couple of times, I've actually watched stock tickers on tv to see if I can spot mine whizzing by. Why then, have I never thought to go manhandle the Stock Market bull sculpture in Battery Park? That thing brings presumed luck to hundreds of investors and brokers every day (though it was built as a nose-thumbing to the sorry state of the market in 1987). After checking my stocks today and seeing that they were mostly on the rise (despite yesterday's overall downturn in NASDAQ and NYSE), I rubbed the stock market bull sculpture for luck. Here's hoping my stocks keep up the bullishness!

No comments: