Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Thing #97: Stop Your Bridgein

Today's original plan was to walk across the Williamsburg Bridge after finishing my matinee today. I didn't bother to look up the actual street location of the bridge. I somehow had it in my head that since the L runs along 14th street into W-burg, the bridge was in that area too. So I walked up there, and was in the middle of getting frustrated with not finding it when Kevin happened to call. He looked it up, and it turns out the Williamsburg Bridge starts on Delancey Street. "I don't want to go down there," I whined, because it was hot and I didn't have all day. So what does a girl do when presented with something she doesn't want to do? She does it anyway. After finding the on-ramp at Delancey, I walked across the Williamsburg Bridge. I definitely like the Brooklyn Bridge, which I've walked at least 10 times, so much better. It's a prettier bridge with nicer views and fewer bars and fences, and the non-automobile traffic is better organized. What I did like is that you can walk right along the JMZ train. Seeing trains above ground is always a fun novelty.

No comments: