Saturday, July 7, 2007

New Thing #104: A freakin'


You're going to have to take my word for it on this one. Any video I could have of this is overshadowed by very agitated dog whining and barking. When I played the mbira (a Zimbabwean thumb piano), my dog-sit charge, Blue, got so upset and annoyed that later, even the sight of it drove him into a tizzy. In fact, I had to completely hide it from sight so he wouldn't tear it apart (RIP, one of my shoes). It's in my ballistic nylon (and therefore presumably indestructible by dog) suitcase, and whenever I so much as touch the pouch he knows it's in, Blue goes into mini-hysterics. It's adorable but unsettling, so I'm refraining from playing it for the time being. But later, I plan to get video proof of my solo mbira version of Ennio Morricone's 'Theme from Malena." It sounds awesome. Just not to a dog.


No comments: