Monday, July 9, 2007

New Thing #106: Water nerd

This is something I've wanted to do forever. Secretly, because it's weird and juvenile and a little gross if you're not careful. Luckily, I totally was careful, so when I frolicked in the deluge caused by a broken fire hydrant, I didn't get inappropriately soaked or ingest any lead or even muss my frizz-prone hair. I did draw some odd looks from folks on Kevin's street who watched as I videotaped the gushing while tramping around in it. But that was about it. I didn't even damage my camera- I only left it on for a few seconds, just to gather some sound (it was dark so you can't see much). But what fun! What depression-era, poorly-maintained uptown water main fun! I'm only sorry that I happened across it at night; had I seen it during the day, I might have had company!

No comments: