Monday, July 16, 2007

New Thing #113: Change is good

I'm pretty good about not letting household chores slip. Mostly. Especially now that I live alone and can't assume that someone else is going to take out the trash, wash the dishes or change the lightbulbs. It's that last one that's been gnawing on me since I moved into this place. Unlike my last apartment, which had mostly clip-on light covers, or the dish-like kind that you never have to take off, current place has exclusively the screw-on-with-tools kind of covers. We had only one of those in the last apartment; Cat and I just resigned ourselves to a dark hallway when the bulbs burned out. Here, though, I knew I wouldn't have a choice. Yesterday, I had simultaneous bulb outages in the kitchen and bathroom, and I knew it was up to me to replace them. Avoidance was no longer an option. So I got out one of the six tools I own and changed the lightbulbs in two fixtures with screw-on covers. It was, of course, totally not a big deal. It wasn't hard and it didn't take very long. I sort of feel like I should go back to my old apartment and change the bulb in the hall there.

1 comment:

Tatman said...

Nice work, I just hope you didn't have to use all six tools....

Now, don't you feel handy-capable?