Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Thing #123: I'm the Queen!

This is another thing from the Stuff I've Always Wanted to Do at My Parents' House but For One Reason or Another, Never Did file. My parents have this lovely balcony overlooking the backyard. All evidence indicates that they never use it, which is a shame. I've always had this vision (and I'm not sure which reality it lives in; perhaps one in which I become Queen and live in their house while somehow maintaining a life on the East Coast? Whatever) of sitting out there in the morning, eating breakfast on a small table. This morning, I moved a small table onto my parents' bedroom balcony and ate breakfast there. It was already hot and sunny by the time I had everything set up, which made the meal even lovelier.
(There have been some odd gaps in posting for the last couple of days. This will be resolved when I come back to New York tomorrow.)


4 comments:

Kirk said...

It looks like you had a jar of mayonnaise for breakfast.

beth said...

No, she had mayo and a slice of bread! I think the queen would object if you tried serving her that :)

Loganoc said...

Wow. Nice house!

dggoldst said...

Can we stay with the mayo topic a bit more?