Friday, July 27, 2007

New Thing #124: It Takes Two

Not only was today's thing totally new for me, it's part of the reason I'm still in CA and not back in NY funnin' it up at the Del Close Marathon. In college, I got to be in Into the Woods as sort of a senior year swan song. I had a tiny part because although I really didn't have time for rehearsals, I was friends with the director and sort of guilted him in to letting me do it. Tonight, my sister played Rapunzel in a production of the same show here. It occurred to me that this is the first time I have seen my sister in a musical I've already done. Of all the collective 30 or so shows we've done between us, this was the first-ever overlap. It would be pointless to compare the two, produced 7 years apart, but I do have to say that tonight's production was perfectly cast. Especially the role of Rapunzel.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Awwww! So sweet of you! Thanks for making the effort to come to my show! Ah nub noo!

ms_quoted said...

My husband played the part of the wolf during our sophomore year of high school. I love this musical and now "The woods are just trees, the trees are just wood, I have no fear nor no one should." will be stuck in my head all night!