Monday, August 6, 2007

New Thing #134: Dance if You Want To

I've always been fascinated by dance, even though I've never been the most competent dancer. Enthusiastic? Definitely! Coordinated? Nassomuch. But you can't get better at something without learning more about it, right? Tonight I took a belly-dance class! I got dance-happy ladies Robyn and Maddy to join me, and the three of us, along with what seemed like a billion other ladies under the instruction of a super skilled, super sensual princess-looking lady teacher, wiggled our booties, isolated our rib cages and floated our arms to the beat of Sultan-charming world music. Oddly enough, it did wonders for my back, and though I couldn't quite, um, touch the floor with the top of my head while bending backward in a kneeling position, I did appreciate the training it must take to be able to do that. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go charm some snakes!

No comments: