Thursday, August 9, 2007

New Thing #137: Deathbed

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with skullmaker Noah, a fellow thing-a-dayer. At the time, I merely allowed myself to be turned into one of his creations. I didn't make a skull myself, because I wasn't quite ready. And after three weeks of checking out Noah's fantastical creations, I'm definitely not any more artistic than I was before, but I do have a better understanding of what a skull created out of found objects should look like. At first I considered trying to make one out of the dishwashing soap bubbles in my frying pan, but that didn't work out. Bubbles do not like to stay still. Then I was putting away laundry, but before I was done, I made a skull out of underwear and accessories. Using my off-white bedsheets as a backdrop, I made the outline, eyes, nose, and mouth out of two pairs of tights, two black socks, two pairs of black underwear, two long satin gloves and one short black cotton glove that belonged to my grandmother in the '50s.

1 comment:

ALR design said...

Aww, it's a cute skull! I'm glad you finally gave skull making a try!