Sunday, August 19, 2007

New Thing #147: Groovy

No trip to the country is complete without a little woodswoman action. There were trees to be chopped and I was the one who had to do it. So after Joe, doer of tough-guy things, chopped a tree down, I cut up the end of the tree with a chainsaw. Until this I think the badassest thing I've ever used to chop anything was a really nice steak knife at Ruth's Chris. I had protection for my ears but not my eyes, so my grimaces in the pictures below are more from trying to avoid scratching my corneas than to feign toughness. At one point I tried to sever part of a branch, but the chainsaw was pretty heavy and I couldn't get it to turn the right way. Even after I'd shut it off, I could feel the power in my arms, like some of it had been transferred. Now I understand why the guy in Evil Dead 2 attached a chainsaw to his arm stump instead of, like, a puppy.


1 comment:

ALR design said...

Love the Evil Dead II reference! You're the female Ash!