Friday, August 24, 2007

New Thing #152: Le eau du awesome

To round off this week's birthday festivities, I arranged an evening in the pool at Le Parker Meridien, a swank midtown high-rise hotel that's so chic half the signs are in French and nearly everything is covered in mirrors. If you think you've swam in a pool before, you might need to reevaluate just what that means, as I needed to after Kevin, some of his friends and I swam in the 41st floor pool at Le Parker Meridien, with panoramic views of midtown and uptown Manhattan, including Central Park (and Heaven, since there's a skylight). Most of the fancy hotels I've stayed in have been stopping points on important trips, with no time for frivolities like pool time. But when such a wonder is in your backyard and you can take part in the perks without necessarily having to shell out to stay there? I say do.

No comments: