Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Thing #154: November Echo Whiskey

Tonight I memorized the Military Alphabet. I meant to memorize it some time ago, and just never did.
Before I gave it some time and actually sat down and committed it to memory, I wrote down what I did know and what I guessed some other letters stood for:
Alpha
Bravo
Delta
Echo
Foxtrot
Golf
Hawaii
India
Juliet
Karate
Lima
Magnet
No
Oprah
Papa
Quicksand
Romeo
Sierra
Toothpaste
Umbrella
Victor
Winter
X-Ray
Yummy
Zebra

Here, a couple of hours later (time alotted for letting it marinate and reciting it while switching my laundry):
Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Foxtrot
Golf
Hotel
India
Juliet
Kilo
Lima
Mike
November
Oscar
Papa
Quebec
Romeo
Sierra
Tango
Uniform
Victor
Whiskey
X-Ray
Yankee
Zulu

Zulu? Who knew. And I'm really disappointed that Oprah is indeed not part of the Military Alphabet.

1 comment:

Kryztoval said...

did you check if it was part of it before?

it is also know as the NATO alphabet and it's used in all languages, in all countries to send information to the cockpit crew with fewer mistakes.

so it has suffer severe transformations over time.

and I had to memorize it too, so I could actually talk to travel agents now, which is part of traveling a lot. and I do mean a Lima-Oskar-Tango.

My new thing today was finding you.