Wednesday, September 5, 2007

New Thing #164: Skirt Issues

A few months ago, my sister sent me a list of New Things to try, including "wear a shirt as pants." I put that on the "maybe" list and sort of forgot about it. Until today. When I got to work, I realized that the beautiful, gauzy blue crepe ballet-style skirt I was wearing was entirely too sheer to wear without a slip and regretted having shared that with half of Manhattan on my way to the office. Knowing that I wouldn't have time to buy an emergency slip at lunch (or a flash-less way of getting to a store), I fashioned a slip out of that Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat t-shirt I used to break the lightbulb. I cut off the arms to reduce bulk, and cut the tag off the neck, which became the waist band. In all my years of being weird, this really is the first time I've had to use a top as bottoms. The black was nice and opaque against the dark blue skirt, and unless one were to ask, there's no way anyone would have known that Andrew Lloyd Webber's schmaltziest show was lurking underneath.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ouch I hope there was no residual broken glass!