Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New Thing #171: Simply Batty

As an unathletic child (save for noncompetitive running and solo improvised karate), I was never inclined to go out of my way to participate in sports. My dad would take my sporty brother to driving ranges, batting cages and tennis clinics while I was in voice lessons or rehearsals, but that was as close as I got to any of that. But tonight, thanks to some planning on the part of Miss Michelle, I hit balls in the batting cages at Chelsea Piers. It was slow-pitch loveliness under bad lighting, and such a rush! I got four at-bats with 10 balls pitched at each go, and my third time up, I didn't miss a single pitch. I am, like, so ready for the majors. Or at the very least, a dinner-theatre production of Damn Yankees.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Excellent swing! We hit 'em out of the park!