Monday, September 24, 2007

New Thing #183: A Fool and Her Money...

This is a big day in New Things! It's the exact half-way mark in this project. 183 down, 183 to go! I decided to celebrate not only by doing something somewhat grand, but by showing my appreciation to total strangers. So I threw money off a roof. Friend Mo graciously let me use her roof, and joined Amanda and me in literally tossing some $1 bills to the wind. The first attempt got stuck in a tree. But after that we learned quickly about the aerodynamics of irresponsibly spent money, and the rest of it landed on the sidewalk. And dumpster covers. And Mo's neighbors' fire escapes. And more trees. We only actually saw a couple of people pick them up, but after I was done arranging artful wads that wouldn't get carried away by the wind, I did notice that some of the more spottable bills were gone. You're welcome, New York!





3 comments:

Claire said...

Cute idea - I love the thought of walking down the street and some money fluttering at my feet!!!

Luxy said...

Cool.... I always wanted to do that!

Amanda said...

Sophia says she likes your haircut!