Saturday, October 6, 2007

New Thing #195: Contain myself

My knowledge of geography outside of Manhattan is extremely limited- I'm pretty sure it goes, "Manhattan, Bronx, Kevin's parents' house." But apparently, there's more to the state than that, as I found out today when I went to White Plains. Kevin wanted to go to the Container Store there, which is better stocked than the one here in the shelves he wanted. The trip up there too a little under an hour, and when we got off the highway, I had an almost holy vision- turns out the Container Store is right next door to one of my favorite places on the planet. Nordstrom. Since N has a bathroom and the CS doesn't, we even got to go in (I saw nothing I liked and we left in about ten minutes, but that's not really the point). I did get a trashcan at the Container Store, though. So basically, White Plains (which is also the most I've seen of Westchester County ever) completely rocks. But only if those two stores are all there is to it.