Saturday, October 27, 2007

New Thing #216: Ram Sam Sam

To round off a week of paying it forward and repaying favors, I stepped in to sit for my cousin's toddler son while he and his wife went to dinner to celebrate their anniversary. Before the parents left, I learned a Moroccan folk song that 2 1/2-year-old R taught me, which is apparently the rage of the Manhattan baby scene. It's called Ram-Sam-Sam and it's got hand motions and everything! Even in his under-the-weather state, R deftly crooned that one, as well as a getting-to-know-you ditty with similar moves and tune. I don't have any of this on video, but I may upload a solo rendition later. I promise it will be stirring. (Oh, and the evening, as well as R's mild bug, afforded another New Thing: I comforted a toddler while he got sick to his poor little stomach in a bathroom.)

4 comments:

Bart's Camille said...

My 2 year old daughter has been singing this and I had NO IDEA what the heck she was singing. Thanks for the translation!!!

robyn said...

a ram-sam-sam!
a ram-sam-sam!
a goolie-goolie-goolie and
a ram-sam-sam!
oh ralphie!
oh ralphie!
a goolie-goolie-goolie and
a ram-sam-sam!

teemu said...

that's moroccan ? I learned it in kindergarden here in vienna/austria/europe. funny

Anonymous said...

It's an Israeli song!