Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Thing #220: Regrouping


I've been performing for almost two years as a tube talker for Blue Man Group (short explanation: I sing, converse, monologize, or whatever I want within reason into a series of tubes, to which BMG audience members have access for listening and responding). I'm constantly in awe of that show; it's a well-oiled, super detailed machine run by and featuring the most wonderful, crazy, dedicated people. Tonight I got a glimpse into the most prominent side of the show when Kevin and I dressed up as Blue Men. It was easy to find the stuff we'd need: head-to-toe black clothes, bald caps, blue makeup, blue gloves. It was not easy to apply it, and definitely not easy to take it all off. But it was easy to thoroughly enjoy our temporary new roles, and to fully commit to them at the Magnet Theatre's fantastic party (as well as on the subway rides there and back).



5 comments:

Claire said...

Would hate to see your face towel after you cleaned it off!!!!!

radcrow said...

Too bad you didn't post this sooner- I could have told you to get a box of Arm & Hammer baking power/soda stuff and mix it with soap - it works WONDERS. Also very great if you have a ton of hairspray. Mix the stuff with shampoo for easier clean :)

LH said...

I recently started looking at your blog and now it's a daily surprise for me to see what you're up to! Love your Blue Man look. Very cool.

You should try talking like a British person for a whole day. Always fun!

creepy eliza said...

Hey - just a thought: it looks like you'd make a really hot android. Have you thought about that?

Amanda said...

You two are MFEO!*




*Watch Sleepless in Seattle if you don't know what that means.