Thursday, November 1, 2007

New Thing #221: More and Lore

Oh New York. You and your lore. It seems that just by being in New York, something automatically develops...lore. My shoes have lore just because they live in...Gotham. My desk chair has lore because my office is in the shadow of...The Empire State Building. But there are certain things with legitimate lore, whose lore wouldn't fade away were the thing to move to Omaha or Eugene. Like Morton's steakhouse. As an unassuming steak lover, I have long been in awe of this place, have often hurried silently by its expansive awnings on 45th street. Tonight I finally went to Morton's with Cat and MAN does it live up to the lore. We both had medium-rare fillet mignon, and we split some scrumptious spinach and mashed potatoes. The place is every bit as classy, glamorous, New Yorky, sophisticated and, yes, lorey as I wanted it to be. The waiter even kicks everything off with a "presentation" of how to order your meat and what to eat it with, all before you even get the menu. Seeing raw steaks like that and knowing that I get to choose one of them... it's like one of those puppy dreams in a PetSmart commercial. It's been a whole three hours and I'm already craving more fillet. And a little more of that delicious lore.
http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Mortons%20%20logo.jpg

2 comments:

spike. said...

Oh man, I'm So With You on Morton's. I've only been once, and not in NY rather in North Miami ....

Now you have me craving a filet. I DID get paid today ... hmmm ...

Mia said...

uh oh... you don't want to look at my most recent blog post.

Guess what I'm havin' for dinner tonight? *evil grin*