Friday, November 2, 2007

New Thing #222: There YOU are!

Oh my God. Oh my GOD. Seriously. This was so awesome and fun and cool and I DON'T HAVE A PICTURE OF ME DOING IT. Because it's against New York law to take pictures in Broadway Theatres*. Like the Helen Hayes Theatre. Where Xanadu is playing. Especially if you're sitting ON the stage, in Greek-area style seats, under 45 disco balls, within arm-patting distance of goddesses (literal and theatrical) Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman. Tonight, Amanda and I went to see Xanadu and we totally sat ON the stage! I am geeking out about this way more than I wanted to allow myself to. Seriously: Forty-five disco balls. Mary Testa. Jackie Hoffman. Who totally sat next to us and fed us popcorn at one point. And Kerry Butler? Yeah, we SO made eye contact. And I DON'T have a PICTURE of ANY of this. So you're all going to just go have to see this awesome, hilarious, amazing, campy-brilliant show yourself.
That, and enjoy me with my program and the glow sticks we danced around with at the end. On stage. At Xanadu. Ok. I'll stop.

*Because the sets are trademarked, that's why.

3 comments:

spike. said...

The glowstick is a Good Touch.

Xanaduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

surcie said...

Sounds like a great time!

Around your neck--is that the "Xanadu, your neon lights will shine" neon light?

It's amazing how many times I've sung that song at the top of my lungs without even understanding most of what Olivia Newton John is saying.

Amanda said...

Seriously.