Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Thing #224: Nipped in the Bud


Today's Thing came from simply following some signs, as well as my conscience. A couple of weeks ago, I spoke via teleconference at the Learning 2007 convention in Orlando. Immediately before my segment, the host presented a check to Malaria No More, to purchase mosquito bed nets for villages in Africa. This week, CNN's Young Person Who Rocks is American Idol finalist Melinda Doolittle. Her rockage? Supporting Malaria No More. Reading her bio on the CNN site reminded me that I had added "donate mosquito bed nets" to my list. Why wait? Today I donated bed nets to Malaria No More. (Side note: Miss D was the last guest before me at the Learning 2007 convention. MUST I have to follow such amazingness? I only wish I'd gotten to see her performance!)

3 comments:

Claire said...

A great cause, thanks for pointing me in their direction, I plan to donate!

Anonymous said...

I think this whole thing you're doing is just simply amazing...I turn 50 in a few years and seeing as that's a rather momentus occasion (if not a somewhat frightening prospect), I plan on doing this. You're an inspriation and have touched so many people's lives...THANKS!!!! Mike in NJ

Kathleen said...

Aww I love Melinda Do-a-lot!