Friday, November 9, 2007

New Thing #229: Jamba Juishhhh

About a month and a half ago, I read an article somewhere about secret menus at chain restaurants. Apparently, some places will make you something from their unpublished "underground" menu if you know to ask for it. I like this idea; it's a nice way to honor their customers, and it's fun for us to have even more options than we thought. A few weeks ago, the adorable Priscilla, a fellow thing-a-dayer and loyal reader, tried something from Jamba Juice's underground menu. I hadn't known until she wrote about it that they even had one, but today I ordered an item from an underground menu. I got Jamba's White Gummi Bear, which is basically a sugar coma-inducing combo of every kind of sherbet they carry, plus mangoes. The coma hasn't hit yet, but the front part of my tongue is mad at me.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

I heard about the underground menu from someone else as well. and I love that picture! Those sunglasses really make you mysterious! :D

Steve said...

That's interesting. Do you know where there is a listing of the "underground" menus for other chain restaurants? I generally despise going to chain restaurants, but if I have to go and can feel like I'm being treated a little special by ordering off the "underground" perhaps I can tolerate it a little better.

Here's a link that lists a few other Jamba Juice "underground" drinks.

El Guapo said...

jamba juice iz da best ting dat ever happen 2 me