Saturday, November 17, 2007

New Thing #237: Passing the 'bucks

Those of you who don't live in New York will be skeptical when I say this, and those of you who do live in New York will roll your eyes and nod: There are two Starbucks across the street from each other in Astor Place. Kevin once mentioned that he actually once held his breath and walked from one to the other. So today I held my breath and walked from the Astor Place Starbucks that's more west to the one that's more east. At least, I tried; it was cold outside, I'm small and I was walking, so it was hard to hold my breath the first time over. So it was on the way back to the westernmost one that I was more successful at this. For insurance, I didn't blink. Just in case that while it might not have been possible for me to walk from one Starbucks to another without breathing (which it just barely was, thanks to dodging some traffic signals), it could definitely be said that I can walk to one from the other without blinking. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Houston and we have TWO locations where there is a Starbucks right across the street from one another.

There are also plenty of places where they are still too damn close not to roll your eyes about it.

I still love em....