Thursday, November 22, 2007

New Thing #242: Get a Clue


On a day when I ate my weight in turkey (ok, that's not saying much, but still...) I really didn't want to do much else other than read and play games. So after Kevin's mom soundly beat us both in a game of Scrabble, I played Betrayal at House on the Hill with Kevin and his brother. It's sort of a cross between Clue (if Hill House had been really dirty and full of rooms like The Pentagram Room and the Mystic Elevator, and if Mr. Boddy had been a satanic ghost) and Chutes and Ladders (if the Chutes killed you and the ladders made you go insane). My character was an eight-year-old girl who had low sanity levels to begin with, so when she got trapped in the Pentagram room and was unable to start a seance to get rid of the ghost that was threatening to kill them all, she went insane and died. I like Clue a lot better.

1 comment:

Brian said...

If you like Clue you should give Mystery of the Abbey a try.