Friday, November 23, 2007

New Thing #243: Under Pressure

You know how after eating a huge Thanksgiving dinner (or, in my case, three. For reals.) one of the first things you want to do is check your blood pressure to make sure all that gravy didn't make you hypertensive? Me too. But it took 24 hours for me to discover the manual inflation blood pressure monitor at Kevin's parents' house. When I did, I took my own blood pressure, as well as someone else's. It took a couple of tries (the early ones being in my signature kamikaze 'dive into it without reading the directions' style) to get an accurate reading. Kevin's was highish, mine was lowish. Which means he needs to lay off the gravy and I'm going to keep passing out on the subway.

1 comment:

alf said...

My blood pressure, on average, is around 90/65. It's ridiculous. If I stand up too fast, I get a curtain of black and have to hold on to anything to keep from passing out. I can't have blood work done and forget donating blood!

But regardless, it's surprising how many people don't know what their blood pressure is!