Saturday, November 24, 2007

New Thing #244: Go go Gadget toothbrush!


A year ago, I bought a toothbrush on a trip to Connecticut, and totally forgot about it. During my current trip to CT, I found it in my suitcase and immediately decided to replace the travel-size brush I had with me. To my utter delight, the new-old forgotten toothbrush turned out to be a self-contained pulsating electric toothbrush. So I used an electric toothbrush. I always pictured them as being bulky plug-ins with complicated replaceable rotors and, like, motors that you have to take to an auto shop to fix. Not so this dainty beaut; seems the battery that it comes with is the only one you ever get/need/want, and you simply turn it on and off by pressing the plus and minus buttons. Otherwise (and in the package) it looks just like a regular toothbrush (hence my not knowing when I bought it and for a year after that it was electric).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you notice it was more expensive than a regular one? And if not, I want to know the brand! I always wanted to try one of those crazy, new-fangled toothbrushes.

Claire said...

They scare me - I just can't use them!

mansky00 said...

I had the exact same experience. My husband and I both needed new toothbrushes so I bought two of these not knowing they were electric. We flew to the Bahamas and our first day there I noticed the little plus & minus buttons so I pressed one and ohmigosh, it was like going to the dentist. A beautiful clean fresh feeling. I love this toothbrush!

mansky00 said...

I had the exact same experience. My husband and I both needed new toothbrushes so I bought two of these not knowing they were electric. We flew to the Bahamas and our first day there I noticed the little plus & minus buttons so I pressed one and ohmigosh, it was like going to the dentist. A beautiful clean fresh feeling. I love this toothbrush!