Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Thing #249: Dear Santa...

My Christmas list when I was twelve read:
* Nintendo
* Golden Retriever
* Agent

At the time, I was obsessed with acting and thought it was as simple as my parents going out, finding me an agent, and letting me be in commercials. I thought the only reason I wasn't famous by the time I was fifteen was because my parents wouldn't let me be. I didn't realize it was more because I wasn't super cute, didn't have commercial talent, and totally lacked "it." I was in my early twenties when I finally did realize that, as well as the fact that aspiring to be famous was a lost cause and that simply creating something for the sake of creating it was so much more rewarding. In fact, I've realized that I probably wouldn't be able to stand being famous. I'd much rather just be good at something. All that aside, tonight I met with an agent. I don't want to say much more, except that my parents had nothing to do with it.

3 comments:

David said...

What if you already are famous, at least in the blogsphere sense? I was referred by other blogs to yours. Maybe one of your "In the New"s will be signing autographs. :)

It's been fun.

Amanda said...

You know, we are so similar and I love it! I used to take the phone book up to my room and call theaters begging them to let me audition (I didn't realize that they hired touring companies and just knew they needed a superstar kid actor).
Congrats to you!

spike. said...

Oooooo I feel like I'm involved in some sort of Secret Plan. Kickass for you, Jen!