Friday, November 30, 2007

New Thing #250: Sent by Joe

Psst. Come here. Don't look at me, look over there. Act natural. Tonight I went to a speakeasy. I can't tell you where, why or with whom, but it was in Lower Manhattan, for celebratory drinks with a friend and some friends and someone who knows a guy. We got in by slinking into a phone booth in an unassuming take-out joint, picking up the phone and saying the password. Then the wall opened (for real!) to reveal a narrow but super classy brick-wall lounge with comfy booths and ambient lighting. The name of the place is PDT (for Please Don't Tell), so I won't. Instead, will you please find out about this place on your own and go there? It is far too awesome for you to not.

2 comments:

MJC said...

That is cool. As much as I hate "insider-y" type places, I love the idea of secret awesome stuff like that speakeasy. It made me think of a bar in Milwaukee called the Safe House, and a Moroccan restaurant in Philadelphia that I couldn't find again if my life depended on it.

lizgrass said...

St. Marks Place. Inside Crif Dogs. I didn't have to say a password.

It is fun, though. Isn't it?