Saturday, December 1, 2007

New Thing #251: MeTube

As a teenager, I felt like I had been born in the wrong decade. Not longed for the likes of LL Cool J, Melrose Place and Hypercolor t-shirts, I was much more comfortable singing standards and watching Mel Brooks movies (not that either of those clarifies which decade I should have been born in; any era that wouldn't have involved be being 14 in 1992 would have been fine). But now, with the advent of YouTube and all its angsty theatre-geek teens lip-synching their little hearts out, I feel like I may have been born too early instead of too late. I would have rocked that mess when I was 14. And now I'm not 14. I'm 29. But since when can you not upload videos of yourself lip synching just because you were born in the 70s? Since never, says me. So today I uploaded a video to YouTube of me lip-synching. I tried to capture the nervousness I see in a lot of teenagers, and I tried to pick a song that, like, tells my story, you know*?

(For an even better example of why more non-14-year-olds should lyp-synch on YouTube, please please please click here).

*Those who know me know this is ironic.

9 comments:

Marie P. said...

Niiiiiice!... LOL I think that summarizes my story, too.

Molly said...

Your air-claps are the best part. I've never seen them done before.

365 What. What? said...

O....M....G!!! The link to 'sexy back' was HYSTERICAL!!! People you know? or just found it by happenstance?


365what.blogspot.com --a bit behind, though. I took a break due to Thanksgiving. /sheepish grin

Anonymous said...

OMG, that made me laugh hysterically. Great vid.

spike. said...

You are officially braver than I. Awesome.

Erika said...

I wanted to do the same thing once, to "Rock & Roll Part Two" by Gary Glitter, but I had trouble memorizing the words.

alf said...

Yes, yes, yes!
Currently still laughing at work!
Thank you!

I have a video of me and 4 of my friends dancing and lip synching to "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls from freshman year of high school. Afterwards we videotaped what we thought our futures were going to be and who we were going to marry.
Little does Casey know we are planning to air this video at her wedding reception next June!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are sincerely as nice and as much fun as you present yourself to be on your site, cause you're just great! That video of you cracked me up, and the SexyBack video, OH my word, I love it, if just for the older woman wanting to bite the head off the fake bird! Thanks!

Dani said...

this was hysterical! i love your blogs...you're just so real, and quirky in such an endearing way...you remind me of my best friend, who lives about 7 hours away...so i'm always happy to get online and read your blog! this definitely took the cake! you certainly achieved that obviously nervous, about to pee-my-pants, teen on youtube vibe you were going for. *smile*