Monday, December 10, 2007

New Thing #260: Bottle/Rock It


This photo has nothing to do with what I ended up doing today. It does have a lot to do with what I wanted to do, which was break a bottle and wield it menacingly. That's dangerous, hence the protective gear, and hence my deciding to first wrap the bottle in a paper bag before slamming it on the kitchen counter. It's also difficult, hence the apparent need to be a tough dude in a bar, or someone with a lot of anger. I'm neither, and I just couldn't do it. And it was late and I was cranky (note: not angry) and I wanted to go to bed, so instead I fit an iPod in my mouth. This is just as important a protective measure as knowing how to break a bottle and wield it menacingly; what if the person who wants to beat me up also wants to take my iPod? At least one of us would be safe. Plus, neat parlor trick.
I left my protective glasses on because they're not protective, they're fabulous.

video

6 comments:

Priscilla said...

I think I'm in love with those glasses. :)

alf said...

Several of my friends are in film and I was so shocked when they told me that it isn't easy to actually break a bottle on a bar like it appears to be in so many 80s television shows. I tried and they were soooo right. I, however, did not wear protective gloves.

dia said...

a neat new thing to do is go eat hot pot down in china town where they ahve this amazing sze-chuan style hot pot where u can get teh spicy and non-spicy soup in one big bowl. order only foods u've never tried before that sound very weird (like pigs blood) which is very good!

gatsby said...

That was such a funny video! I watched it like eight times in a row.

Claire said...

Congratulations... I think!

Lynn said...

Ooh, you could use one of those breakaway bottles. You can get them at Abracadabra. I broke one over someone's head in a sketch and it was fun.