Sunday, December 16, 2007

New Thing #266: iCinema

I remember feeling slightly overwhelmed when video iPods came out. I had just gotten my second of what is now known as the iPod "classic," and wasn't really interested in also being able to watch movies when I was just getting used to being able to store photos. I'm so over that now. I'd been toying with the idea of getting a big ol' 80g video iPod, because I'm sort of in love with the idea of being able to watch movies on the way to work. Then I went to a fancy magazine party and won a Nano. And Nanos can play video now. Today I watched a movie on an iPod. iPods aren't really something you borrow, so even knowing people who raved about having a video iPod* hadn't been much use in the past. I really needed to have my own. And you know what? Not too shabby. Once my eyes adjusted to watching Mean Girls on a screen about 1/180th the size of my television, it was actually quite enjoyable. And intimate. And the quality is amazing, despite what the photo below would have you believe. Lindsay Lohan, in her pre-trainwreck days, actually looks quite crisp and lovely on a 3-inch screen.

*I know no such people.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I always wondered about the detail lost when you watch it tiny-sized!

Although I know nobody with one either so won't be able to experiment for myself!

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Hi. I've commented here a few times, but wanted you to know how inspirational your project is. I just started a new blog which will officially start on January 1, 2008. It's called, "Be the Change 2008." Come on by if you want. ~Karen

Morgan said...

I have a iPod video. I always watch movies on it. Well when I have the money on my iTunes account. =] It is somewhat different but I do enjoy it just as much as watching a movie on the TV.