Friday, December 21, 2007

New Thing #271: The Card Way


I'm not crafty, but I really want to be. Kevin is crafty, but has no time to be. When he buys a new shirt, he takes out the collar stays and uses them as a template to cut new collar stays out of fake credit cards, because he likes the firmness better. He's gotten quite good at this. I have not, so when I fashioned collar stays out of fake credit cards, I didn't do a great job. His are beautifully rounded, and there are no scraggly bits. Mine are more.... abstract? They're more jagged and sort of Dali-esque. Which is another way of saying you shouldn't trust me with scissors.

The template, flanked by two abstractions

I'm off to CA tomorrow, and while the New Things will continue every day, the posting may be a bit sporadic. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

No comments: