Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Thing #283: Banana Boot


Ah wikihow, you and your never-ending inspiration! There's something about seeing that little window in my iGoogle page that piques my curiosity and makes me want to try everything they feature. But since I'm not daring enough to try to "cook breakfast on a car engine," ambitious enough to "make a secret door out of a bookshelf" or teenage enough to "convince parents to let you stay out late," I used a banana to polish my shoes. This idea is that the leather absorbs the potassium, giving your shoe a healthy, longer-lasting shine. Load of bunk or not, I enjoy ramping up any mundane task by using fruit, and I do so love the smell of banana. I am a little nervous that my feet and I may attract a herd of monkeys on my way to the subway in the morning, but such is the price I pay for glamor.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Yikes - I'd worry about the fruit-flies!

Sydney said...

I saw this one too and was going to give it a try!

PANTS said...

you're hilarious.
i love reading your blog.
keep it up :)

ps. you're inspiring as hell.
pps. hope the monkey didn't come running after you :)

Alicia said...

This post's title reminds me of the "Banana Boat" sunscreen jingle, now I'm singing "Get on the Boot! Banana Boot!"

farmwife said...

I'm imagining the look on my husband's face as I start to rub a banana peel on his boot....