Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Thing #290: Cab-levision


I rarely take cabs anymore, now that I live far enough uptown that I can't convince myself that my apartment is "centrally located." But since I was at work for twelve hours tonight and not in the mood to deal with the subway, I took one home. My, how things have changed in the last 10 months! Cabs have TVs now! Somebody had the bright idea to rip off the JetBlue telly-on-the-back-of-the-seat idea and put it in a cab. So I watched TV in a cab! I was less interested in the NBC bits with Roker and Leno (sorry, Roker; not so sorry, Leno) and the ads than in the map, also ripped off from JetBlue. Instead of watching a little plane tick its way across the country, I watched little blue dots hop across midtown and up the West Side Highway, while Leno said something funny about stuff.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

WHOA. I don't believe I've seen a cab with a telly. o__o

kikimaja said...

I have seen those before. Very cool I think. My mom has a tendency to get all chatty with the cabbies in NY which I have to tell her to shut up whenever she does (they don't care she is from CA!) maybe that will keep her from talking to them!!!!

Claire said...

TV in a cab? Blimey.

Here in the UK some of the busses and trains have TV's on them!