Friday, January 11, 2008

New Thing #292: Approved!

I'll go into this more later, when I can retrieve the art I neglected to move off my hard drive at work, but I took a cue from New York Magazine and I made an approval matrix. For those not familiar with NYM, the matrix is divided into four individual quadrants: highbrow, lowbrow, despicable, brilliant. So then the two four lateral quadrants are highbrow despicable, lowbrow despicable, highbrow brilliant, lowbrow brilliant. NYM's approval matrix features local and national news or culture events. Mine is filled with nothing but personal references and inside jokes and maybe three other people on the planet will each understand a different 55 percent of it. It sort of became a nerdy, one-time diary entry. At least I know I approve!

No comments: