Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Thing #297: Tape Delay


There's only so much you can do in the way of New Things when you have to stay late at the office and when you work in a building where you can't get back in after five, so there's no leaving for a soda or a bag of chips or a quick zoom around the block on a scooter. But if you're creative and a little bit weird there's oh so much you can do. Tonight during my many hours of waiting for files, I made crazy tape faces. I don't know why I'd never done this before! I guess my youth was taken up by doing so many other weird things that this one, despite gaining fame in Pee Wee's Big Adventure, slipped through my freakish little fingers. Only one person walked in on me, and while he was taken aback by my Joan Riversish appearance, he barely shrugged when I explained why I looked like I'd just had eel pancreas injected into my forehead.

4 comments:

rei2702 said...

I have just heard about your blog - can't even remember where. Have read most of it and its reallly good fun! What I find interesting is how much your life in NY differs from mine/my friend's in South Africa. My next birthday is 37 in Feb and you have inspired me do try the same idea - even though this is not really a special year. I just need some 'NEW' things in my life - have been living too 'safely' for too long. You go girl!

Bet said...

WOW!

1. What a difference one little strip of tape can make to your whole face.

2. Wonder if this is what they do at the surgeon's office if you're considering plastic surgery? "Well, we could do the lift (*zzzzzip!*), the upturn (*zzzzzip!*), the high cheekbone (*zzzzzip!*).....

Maddy said...

My siblings and I used to do this all the time when we were little. I was fond of making a "Phantom of the Opera" face!
Yay!

Priscilla said...

Hahaha, I love the second one!