Monday, January 28, 2008

New Thing #309: Get her on the 1s

Every day before I leave the house, I turn to New York 1 to tell me the temperature. And if I turn on the TV when I get home, it's usually still on NY1. My after-work NY viewing has yielded 4th-wall frienships with Pat Kiernan, Roma Torre, George Whipple, Kristen Shaughnessy and Gary Anthony Ramsay. Today I got one step closer to being part of everyone's favorite local news channel when I gave an interview for NY1. Someone there approached Glennis and Marcy about doing a piece on DanceDance PartyParty, and they asked those of us who could to come down and shake our booties during lunch. Despite being in the early throes of a nasty cold, I obliged- then totally overdid it and sweated out nearly all of my remaining energy. But as always, I had a total blast and was happy for the opportunity to profess my love for DDPP to all of New York.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Well done!!

Anonymous said...

i read about your blog in my new cosmo and decided to give it a look-see this morning. instead of working on my college class, i spent the majority of the morning reading as far back as i could into this adventure and i think this is a really cool idea and i think maybe i would have already lost interest or run out of things to do. seeing as you are almost done i didn't want that to happen SO as i read in one of your posts in early december you asked people to tell you something that they do everyday that sets them apart from everyone else. almost every day i wear my favorite pair of rainboots. i live in texas and it doesnt rain much. i wear them with shorts, capris, and even jeans. in my opinion, they go with everything. i even took my senior pictures in a dress wearing my rainboots. my suggestion: try a pair of spotted colorful rubber rainboots like mine with one of your more casual dresses and play funky for a day.

Glennis said...

Thanks JenMac! I love you!!!

wanda said...

Thought of something you could do when you're stuck for something... You could make a music video cover of "I am Your Brother" of American Idol fame. You've got the music chops and you could really show some range with this song. :-)

If you're curious what it's all about, go to Renaldo Lapuz's website to see him sing it, and then everyone else and their dad sing it.