Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Thing #311: Shhhecrets

Since so many people suggested this one, and since I haven't been feeling great all week, I sent a postcard to postsecret.com. The site is pretty depressing, so it was nice that my "secret" wasn't tawdry, scary, worrisome or cause for my loved ones to put me in a mental institution. I think I like the idea behind the site, but some of the art inspired by the secrets is a little off-putting. It almost seems mean, until you read the responses. But even then I can't tell how sincere the responses are. The site seems to update pretty quickly, so I'll share my favorite before it becomes buried:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Post Secret site! It is updated every Sunday so there are new secrets every week.

Maddy said...

the new secrets replace old secrets every week so they don't get buried they actually go away

I love that site

Kirk said...

I thought people drew the artwork for the postcards when they sent them in.

manda said...

PostSecret is my therapy. I run over there every Sunday to see the new secrets... Always looking for a kindred spirit. I would love to send in a secret, but I protect mine with a fierceness that I can't tame.

Claire said...

wow, you'll have to let us know if it gets shown!

Bet said...

That one was yours??? HA!

I actually made a nice card, but couldn't bring myself to send it. It was about how my mother is known far and wide for her potato salad, but I hate her potato salad. I'm afraid to tell her, so I just accept her handouts of yellow, pickly potato salad, say thanks, and throw it away.

Bet said...

Ohhhhhh. Duh. That one wasn't yours, it was your favorite. I'm smart, huh - yes, you send a postcard on Jan 30, and it shows on the PostSecret site on Jan 27. And they say the mail is slow!

(I think I have low blood flow to the brain lately. Apologies.)