Sunday, February 3, 2008

New Thing #314: Questionairess

I guess I'm on a "be nicer than usual to strangers" kick, because today I was able to tick something else of the list of suggestions from other people, something that had to do with reaching out. At friend LeMar's nearly year-old suggestion, I asked a cab driver about his family. I've had this idea in my head throughout the duration of the project, and I picked this particular cab driver because it was a long ride and because his last name was Singh, and I had a friend with that last name in college. Not that one has anything to do with the other. It just seemed right. I asked him where he was from (India) and whether he had kids (three). He seemed a little taken aback by my curiosity, so I didn't probe him for too long, but I did get out of him that he lives in Queens, likes it okay, and his wife is a math tutor. Then he dropped me off and I gave him a big tip.

No comments: