Monday, February 11, 2008

New Thing #323: Ice Try


Ah, the things you miss out on when you grow up in San Diego and your childhood winters consist of... wearing long sleeves and not going to the beach? As often? Aside from never having had a proper snowball fight (hurry up, sticking snow!) or a white Christmas, I also never got to play around with liquids in freezing temperatures, so today I made a popsicle outside. Well, am making. I filled a water bottle part way with orange juice and stuck a chopstick through the cap after Kevin drilled a hole in it. Then we put it in the trunk of his car, where tonight's teen temperatures will surely get to it (I wanted to put it on the fire escape, but he pointed out that it would blow away and that his trunk gets plenty frosty). So tomorrow on the way to work I will have a fruity snack to enjoy on the way to the subway.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is if you can get it out!

Alicia said...

I hope I don't sound thick here, but how are you going to eat it? The way I'm picturing it is the popsicle won't fit through the bottle opening. Unless you're going to cut off the rest of the bottle?

Anonymous said...

Eating a popsicle in the morning in this weather? You're nuts. :)

Mr. Nordmann said...

I also suggest blowing bubbles outdoors in this weather, as they freeze in mid-air.

Sam said...

Well, did it work?

And if so, how DID you eat it?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like the idea of blowing bubbles to see them freeze in mid air. I will have to try it. Recently it was -20 degrees with a windchill of -50. Today was a positive 11 degrees but I think that would still work. Now to find a place to buy bubbles.