Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Thing #328: Run, Baby, Hair*!

In preparation for one of my last things, which will show its glorious face on March 22 (open to all! If you're in the New York area, please come! You have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't want you to yet! Details to come! Save the Date! Save the Whales!) I taught and directed musical theatre song arrangements to a group of people. This went better at some times than at others, and my total lack of experience showed more during the tricky numbers than during the ones so easy a five-year-old could (and almost always does) sing it. When rehearsal was over, I did two back-to-back Blue Man matinees then ran like a crazy woman to Grand Central and hopped a train to Connecticut for Relaxing Weekend. Then I spent three hours on Saturday poring over the pile of songbooks from which this hot madness will spring. This is probably the most confusing post ever, especially if you don't know my nerdy background or haven't talked to me about what I've been wanting to do for the end of this project, but trust me. It will be awesome. March 22. Nerds. Singing. Disco ball.


* I stole this title from Alan F's Gchat status message. This disclaimer is in case he notices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you. I will missing your this when it comes to an end. What a fun year it has been reading about your adventures. I hope you have a really awesome birthday and that when you are done blogging about your adeventures, the adventures don't truly end!

MamaChristy said...

I so hope there is gonna be video of this...