Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Thing #346: Patchalaureat

Yesterday gave me a glimpse of what it's like to be injured in New York, so it might seem like I was milking that today, but that's not why I wore an eyepatch. I wore it because... well, not because it's easy to deal with. Not because I hate having depth perception... not because I love getting grimaces from strangers... because it was fun? Sure, let's go with that. And also because about 17 people suggested it and because I bought a lovely black satin number months ago and keep forgetting to wear it. It was much easier to wear it at work. Everyone there is supportive of the project, and they already know I'm weird. Also, I don't have to navigate any stairs there. Once I hit the street it was harder. I think I walked slower with the eyepatch than I did with the cane and ankle brace. When it looks like the sidewalk is so close you could lick it, things get a bit tricky. When I joined ladypal Amanda for a very lovely dinner, I discovered it was even harder to eat with it. Not that my nose doesn't love steak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be a very interesting way to spend the day.

I think as one of your final things to do. You need to make an outfit for work or to go out in out of either Duct Tape or Condoms. There is a pic on the web of a father who made his daughters prom dress out of condoms. It was actually pretty cool looking. Go for it.