Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Thing #347: Bain au lait

Tonight I did for around $9 what spas charge upwards of $200 for: I took a bath in milk. Mind you, this was just ordinary milk from the drugstore, and it was diluted. It wasn't, like, milk from the goat on the Queen's farm or from a golden cow in Belgium, as I'm sure the milk in those snooty spa milk baths are. It still calmed my winter-angry skin and softened my elbows and knees. I even lit a candle and threw in a coat of green tea body lotion. All that plus the fact that I didn't have to go anywhere or wear spa flip-flops= Me 1, Spa 0. I'll still make an appointment at Oasis the week of my birthday. Whaddya gonna do.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Seems that it would be kind of cold. And how did you bathe in milk for only $9??

Kathy G said...

You should also try a CHOCOLATE bubble bath! (see WikiHow.)