Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Thing #352: Drawn Together




As I've mentioned before, I am not crafty and I have next to no talent in fine and applied arts. I draw a great hummingbird, and that's about it. So I used a Wacom graphics tablet. I'm not sure why I thought this would make my artwork look any better. A crappy drawing is a crappy drawing no matter what you use to make it. And using Kevin's graphics pen and tablet was like trying to draw in zero gravity. There's hovering and pointing and poking and stabbing just to make a crude drawing in Photoshop. I know people who make amazing drawings and designs with these things for a living, and it's good for all of us that I'm not one of them. I sort of sat there muttering, 'draw something!' Then I drew some Thing. This is my artistic reinterpretation of that moment. It was glorious.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Your art skills are pretty amazing, I must say... but what's the green one-eyed thing in the corner? It looks like something out of an 80s cartoon.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree, 80's cartoon. It looks sort of like Slimer from the ghost busters cartoon!!....speaking of the 80's and stuff, I dont know if someone mentioned to you or if you already did it, but how about learning the dance steps to Michael Jackson's "Thriller"? Sorry, I just watched 13 going on 30 with Jennifer Garner and the kid in me wanted to get up and dance it! Sadly, I don't know the steps well enough to keep up......Oh dear, I am starting to show my age now aren't I? Time for me to shush.