Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Thing #359: Upstood!

This is something I never would have done outside the context of this project, but it went really well and I'm glad I did it. I don't think I will do it again any time in the near future, so it was a one-night-only engagement at Comix for which I performed stand-up comedy. I did improv for years, but not well, so stand-up always seemed out of the question. Make jokes? About my life? And current events? That actually make sense on a broad level outside my own weird frame of reference? MADNESS! But I did it and it worked and it wasn't bad at all. But I'm a little biased.
(This is over 6 minutes long. If we run into each other on the train and you admit you didn't watch the whole thing, I will understand.)


video

5 comments:

Sydney said...

Terrifying! Bravo to you - I am indeed incredibly impressed!

Sharilyn said...

Congratulations! I popped my standup cherry about a year and a half ago, which is something I'd thought about for most of my life but never thought I'd do. Pretty awesome feeling, yes? Now do it again. =)

Bet said...

Oh, Lord. Something like that would take courage I just don't have. My admiration on this one!

Anonymous said...

I loved this one. You are funny and charming.

Erin said...

Further proof that you are incredibly funny and talented, and that you always look good in a hat!