Saturday, March 22, 2008

New Thing #363: Broadway Babies

This has been in the works for quite some time. I staged the musical show of my dreams. More specifically, the show of 12-year-old Me's dreams. Along with some of my singingest and danciest friends, I threw together a show with songs from Hair, Assassins, The Secret Garden, Urinetown, La Cage Aux Follies, Chess, Wicked and Annie. In accordance with my 12-year-old vision, there were crazy lights, wigs, loud music, crazy makeup, fun dances and pretty costumes. I even found a use for the ridiculous tutu from a few days ago. It was, in essence if not in execution, a perfect show. I had half my friends on stage and the other half in the audience. I got to make dramatic songs just a little bit silly, I got to see two adorable people run around in their underwear and two of my favorite performers smooch five inches from my face, and I got to perform onstage with my sister, which was, shockingly, also a New Thing. There will be video and more photos available somewhere, some time, but first there's these. (Thanks, Cat!)

6 comments:

Maddy said...

This was so fun!

Kathy G said...

Only in New York! Wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

You and your sister look amazing together. What a wonderful memory and saved in a pic!

Glennis said...

So proud to be a part of it! I love you!

MJC said...

It was a pleasure and an honor.

Rachael Mason said...

Man, how did I miss this? Seriously.